Date: October 2015
We are looking for a Senior Operations Consultant with IT Operations experience in education. This role is ideally suited for a senior Network Manager, IT Manager or Director of a large education organisation looking to move into consultancy. Experience of successfully managing and developing IT Services teams is essential. Competitive salary for the right candidate. Must be willing to travel in the UK and in some instances abroad.
Why join 9ine?
9ine provides schools, academies, colleges and universities with transformational change services when developing new and established technologies. Our objective is to support education organisations to raise attainment, aspirations and engagement through the effective use of technology. Working in partnership we provide education leaders ownership to drive change and improve the use and perception of technology, raising confidence amongst users and ultimately improving outcomes for learners.
9ine is an exciting, vibrant company based in London that has continued to grow every year since its inception in 2009. We thrive on creating innovative solutions for our education clients and this is an excellent opportunity for a senior consultant, or someone looking to move into consultancy, with demonstrable expertise and experience in technology to join our team.
What we are looking for in a Senior Consultant:
- Strong knowledge and skills in IT Operations.
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent commissions, whilst prioritising tasks and achieving key deadlines and deliverables
- The ability to manage specialist consultants and client staff in complex environments.
- The ability to work with all stakeholders to understand a client’s ongoing technology requirements.
- The ability to appreciate the impact of IT Operations on strategy, teaching and learning and technical.
- Excellent communication skills with expertise in managing diverse stakeholder interests.
- The ability to develop scope, plan and supervise delivery through to hand over to end users whilst maintaining cost, time & quality standards.
- Experience in developing and delivering an IT operations plan linked to a clearly defined strategy.
- Experience in defining and managing budgets including IT running costs and capital expenditure.
- Experience of working with a wide range of ICT and/or education related projects.
- The ability to maintain a broad knowledge of the importance of contingency planning at different levels.
- Ability to review design solutions and provide structured analysis and recommendations.
- The drive to develop your knowledge of technology within an education environment.
You will ideally be/have:
- Experience of working in the education sector either as an IT Operations Manager or Network Manager to mid / senior management level (minimum 5 years experience).
- Experience in line managing staff and developing IT operations and project teams.
- Demonstrate technical competency linked to roles you have performed in the past.
- Experience of developing IT operating models including staffing and processes.
- Experience of procuring, managing and delivering large IT solutions.
- Experience of supporting or delivering large capital IT projects in education (£500K plus)
Your Accountabilities will include:
- Commission Management and Reporting on quality, scope, delivery, finance.
- Line management, mentoring and personal development of Consultants & Graduates.
- Creating and managing relationships internally and externally.
- Supporting peer review of outgoing delivery documentation and internal processes documentation.
- Supporting the identification of sales and new business opportunities.
- Understanding and delivering effective, added value solutions based on a client’s’ strategy and goals.
- To present both written and verbally directly to clients in a clear and concise manner
Knowledge of the following:
- ITIL Service Management
- PRINCE 2
- Quality management systems
- Procurement management and tender processes
- Change Management
A competitive package will be offered will be based on experience. Please provide an indication of your salary expectations within your cover letter. Your cover letter must address what you could contribute to 9ine in the role and what your approach would be. 9ine provide a comprehensive benefits scheme which include: Health care, life cover, pension and participation in the 9ine EMI Share Scheme.
Closing date for applications is 23rd October 2015. All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, details of your current package, availability for interview and CV.
Our assessment process takes into consideration the following:
- Evaluation of covering letter and CV. If successful;
- An initial telephone interview. If successful;
- Interview with Managing Director and/ or Practice Director
- 360 discussion with three or more current 9ine staff. In these discussions you will have an opportunity to ask what it is like to work at 9ine and what we do.
- Presentation and final interview.