Date: October 2015
We are looking for a Senior Technical Consultant with systems administrator and IT Operations experience in education. This role is ideally suited for a Systems Administrator, IT Manager or Senior Network Manager of a large education organisation looking to move into consultancy. Experience of managing and deploying a wide range of technologies essential. Competitive salary for the right candidate. Must be willing to travel in the UK and in some instances abroad.
Why join 9ine?
9ine provides schools, academies, colleges and universities with transformational change services when developing new and established technologies. Our objective is to support education organisations to raise attainment, aspirations and engagement through the effective use of technology. Working in partnership we provide education leaders with ownership to drive change and improve the use and perception of technology, raising confidence amongst users and ultimately improving outcomes for learners.
9ine is an exciting, vibrant company based in London that has continued to grow every year since its inception in 2009. We thrive on creating innovative solutions for our education clients and this is an excellent opportunity for a senior consultant, or someone looking to move into consultancy, with demonstrable expertise and experience in technology to join our team.
What we are looking for in a Senior Consultant:
- Deep understanding of working with a wide range of network technologies and associated services.
- Excellent understanding of technical principles and protocols associated with large scale user environments.
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent commissions, whilst prioritising tasks and achieving key deadlines and deliverables.
- The ability to manage specialist consultants and client staff in complex environments.
- Can apply and adapt their knowledge to different vendors and environments in order provide services and solutions.
- Experience of working in organisations with 1000+ users with multiple technologies and technical challenges.
- Experience of working with a wide range of ICT and/or education related projects.
- Excellent communication skills with expertise in managing diverse stakeholder interests.
- Ability to scope, plan and supervise delivery through to hand over to end users whilst maintaining cost, time & quality standards.
- Ability to present both written and verbally directly to clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to review design solutions and provide structured analysis and recommendations.
- Ability to implement innovative solutions and technologies.
- Willing to adapt to client requirements.
- The drive to develop your knowledge of technology within an education environment.
You will ideally be / have:
- Experienced in working in the education sector in a senior technical role (minimum 5 years experience).
- Experienced in line managing staff
- Experience of supporting large capital IT projects in education (£500K plus)
- Able to operate in a Quality Management environment with experience of ISO9001 standards.
- ITIL or Prince2 knowledge
Your Accountabilities will include:
- Commission Management and Reporting on quality, scope, delivery, and finance.
- Line management and mentoring of Consultants & Graduates.
- Creating and managing enduring client relationships
- Supporting peer review of outgoing delivery documentation and internal processes and their documentation
- Supporting the identification of sales and new business opportunities
- Provide mentoring advice and guidance to consultants and junior staff.
Knowledge of the following:
- Competent with multiple flavours of the Windows Server and/or Linux platforms.
- Experience of administering and troubleshooting email platforms, both local and cloud based.
- Network services administration including DHCP, DNS, LDAP, Wi-Fi, network printing, VPN, and various other Infrastructure Services.
- Experience of implementing, managing, and troubleshooting virtual environments including servers and storage.
- Experience of managing and implementing multi site Active Directory setups.
A competitive package will be offered will be based on experience. Please provide an indication of your salary expectations within your cover letter. Your cover letter must address what you could contribute to 9ine in the role and what your approach would be. 9ine provide a comprehensive benefits scheme which include: Health care, life cover, pension and participation in the 9ine EMI Share Scheme.
Closing date for applications is 23rd October 2015. All applications should be sent to email@example.com and include a cover letter, details of your current package, availability for interview and CV.
Our assessment process takes into consideration the following:
- Evaluation of covering letter and CV. If successful;
- An initial telephone interview. If successful;
- Interview with Managing Director and/ or Practice Director
- 360 discussion with three or more current 9ine staff. In these discussions you will have an opportunity to ask what it is like to work at 9ine and what we do.
- Presentation and final interview.